Open its corporate accounts
Twitter: no difference between creating a personal or company account
Go to www.twitter.com, fill in your company name and a phone number and / or email address. Then follow the steps suggested by Twitter:
- Add company’s purpose briefly (in 160 characters)
- “Skip for now” the subscription suggestions and keywords suggested by Twitter
- Add your company logo as a profile photo (400 x 400 px)
You have now created your company’s profile. To complete it:
- Add a cover photo (1500 x 500 px)
- Choose a personalised “handle” by clicking on the profile photo at the top right, then on “settings and privacy”, and “Account”. Enter the “Username” you want to give to your account.
+The username with the @ is how people can address you on the network
Facebook : the company page
- Go to facebook.com
- Click on “Create” at the top right, then on “page” and “company or brand.” Enter your company name in “page name” before choosing a category (i.e. a business sector).
You are now administrator of your company’s Facebook page: it is you who can publish content and access all the back office for the page.
If you want to add other administrators, click on “page settings” at the top right, then on “page roles” and add the name of the person or their email address.
As an administrator, you can link your Instagram account to your Facebook company page. To do so, in the “page settings” on Facebook, click on “Instagram” at the bottom left then on “link account”. The Instagram account name and password will then be requested.
Follow the steps required by LinkedIn to create your company account
As with Facebook, you are now the “administrator” for the page
To add an administrator, click on the small arrow below your profile photo at the top right, before clicking on the page name. Then go into “admin tools”, and in “Page admins” and enter the name of the person you want to add. To finalise the process, click on “Save changes”.
Instagram: an account linked to the Facebook page
- Download the Instagram mobile application, open it and click on “sign up with email or phone number”
- Enter your email address or phone number to identify yourself
- Add your company name and choose a password
- Be careful not to connect the Instagram account of your company to your personal Facebook account. To avoid this, click on “Ignore” when Instagram offers you to connect to Facebook.
Add your company’s logo as the profile photo (400 x 400 px) and complete the profile with a descriptive “biography”.
You can them link the Instagram account of your company to the Facebook page of your company (link towards the Facebook section).